A graduate of the University of Miami Law School, Mr. Thompson was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1985. He is a member of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, the Florida Bar Association (Trial Lawyers Section), the American Bar Association and the Broward County Bar Association. Mr. Thompson is admitted to practice before all Florida State Courts. He also volunteers his time to assist the disadvantaged as a pro-bono volunteer attorney with Broward Lawyers Care and The Lawyers for Children Project. Mr. Thompson was born in New Jersey but has been a South Florida resident for over 30 years. His practice will focus primarily on personal injury and wrongful death and he is committed to obtaining the maximum money recovery for those injured or killed by the negligence of others.
At the Law Offices of Russell M. Thompson, I have the legal and financial resources to fight for your legal rights. I will spend the necessary resources, both time and money, to secure the maximum financial results for you. And remember, if you do not recover money you will not owe me an attorney fee or be responsible for any costs.
Although my office is located in Davie, Florida, I do have satellite office facilities in Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, Sunrise, Coral Springs, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and Miami where I can meet with you for a free consultation regarding your case. Also, I am always able to meet at your home or the hospital if needed.
The Law Offices of Russell M. Thompson is a personal injury law firm dedicated to providing high quality, aggressive legal representation to victims of personal injury. Our firm handles many different types of personal injury cases, most of which are covered in detail on this website. Among the many kinds of cases we review are claims for:
- People injured by dangerous, defective and unsafe drugs, medical devices and consumer products. These are called product liability claims, and they include the latest drug litigation over Baycol, found to cause serious injury and death due to a muscle condition called rhabdomyolysis; the diabetes drug Rezulin, which has been withdrawn from he market after being found to cause severe liver damage, liver failure and death; as well as Propulsid, which is a heartburn medication withdrawn from the market after being linked to hundreds of heart rhythm abnormalities and many deaths.
- People suffering from hemorrhagic stroke caused by the chemical additive Phenylpropanolamiine, or PPA, a common ingredient in over the counter weight loss drugs as well as cold and cough medications.
- Babies who suffer birth injuries, brain damage, or cerebral palsy due to birth trauma or medical malpractice.
- People who suffer injuries due to hospital staff negligence and medical malpractice. These claims include nursing home abuse, one of today's most troubling areas.
- People injured in automobile accidents resulting from the negligence of other drivers.
- People injured in the workplace.
- Construction workers or other workers injured through the negligence of others.
- Victims of toxic torts, such as harm caused by pesticides, lead paint, chemical exposure, or water contamination.
- People injured by defective tires or vehicle design.
An initial discussion with us about your case is free of charge or obligation, and we only charge a fee if we're successful in recovering an award for you. We will not ask you to pay a retainer fee up front, because we recognize that most people cannot afford to do so. Our fees are based on a percentage of any recovery we make for you. This is called a contingent fee agreement.
To discuss your injuries and your case with us, call us at
(954) 316-8988 today, or click here to submit your case to us for a free review.
The Law Offices of Russell M. Thompson